Music of Central Asia Vol. 4: Bardic Divas: Womens Voices in Central Asia CD & DVD
Sublime bel canto lyrical songs, the guttural recitative of nomadic oral poetry, lively humoresques, and poignant laments of unrequited love comprise this panoramic survey of contemporary womens music from Central Asia performed by some of the regions leading singers.
18 Tracks, 59 minutes, 48-page color booklet, photos, and song lyrics; DVD contains series introduction, 24-minute film, interactive glossary, and map.
Music of Central Asia is a co-production of the Aga Khan Music Initiative in Central Asia, a program of the Aga Khan Trust for Culture, and the Smithsonian Institution Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage.
The aim of the series is to present leading exponents of Central Asia's rich and diverse musical heritage to listeners outside the region.
1. Sen Yar Gedeli (Since you left) - 2:43
2. Galmadi, Galmadi (He didn't come) - 2:27
3. Bastau - 2:07
4. Taalailuu Eldin Bir Kyzy (The girl of happy people) - 2:23
5. Aqsholpan (Lovely Sholpan) - 2:10
6. Kotush (girl's name) - 2:36
7. Shunidam (I heard) - 6:04
8. Harman-Dali (name of a princess) - 2:29
9. Ören Zhyirik (The best racehorse) - 2:10
10. Aq Qum (White sand) - 3:10
11. Bulgun (girl's name) - 4:37
12. Sarvinoz (Cypress) - 3:30
13. Zhonyp Aldy (Carved, polished) - 2:58
14. Chabandyn Yry (Shepherd's song) - 2:34
15. Talim (Didactic song) - 2:59
16. Dila Dushdü (Everybody is talking) - 3:28
17. Noleydi (What if) - 8:18
18. Kyzyl Gül (Red flower) - 2:41
We Also Recommend